Valentine Wentz, an assistant pressman of the Leavenworth Times, was recently killed by a shock of electricity.  He was about to adjust a lamp over a press when his hand came in contact with a wire that was partially “dead,” the current having been turned off on account of a fire in the city.  Suddenly a full current was turned on that passed through Wentz’s body.  He gave one loud scream and fell to the floor lifeless.  The Barton County Democrat, Great Bend, Kansas.  December 3, 1891.  Page 2.  (c) Transcribed by Darren McMannis for the Kansas Council of Genealogical Societies, Inc.