Tiny Tot Scalded by Oatmeal

0
684

MEDORA, KAN – Johnnie Lee Leonard, the one year old son of Mr. and Mrs. James Leonard, of Medora, was badly burned yesterday afternoon when a kettle of hot oat meal fell upon him, scalding the left side of his face, his left arm, and his legs.

The accident occurred when the baby, who had crawled out into the kitchen unnoticed, pulled upon his mother’s dress causing her to drop the kettle of oat meal which splashed out upon both the baby and the mother.

The child is in Grace Hospital (Hutchinson) for treatment.  The Hutchinson News, Hutchinson, Kansas. June 23, 1928. Page 2. (c) Transcribed by Darren McMannis for Prairie Wind Publications.